The Above Headline was Written with Google in Mind!
On Thursday someone searched the Cause-Related Marketing blog using these terms: "business+benefits+cause+marketing."
I instantly slammed my hand to my forehead Homer Simpson
-style and said, "d'oh!"
After 40-something posts I've somehow neglected this basic topic.
So without further ado, here are six business benefits to cause marketing:
- Cause-related marketing can directly enhance sponsor sales and brand.
- Cause-related marketing is respected and accepted business practice.
- Cause-rleated marketing can heighten customer loyalty.
- Cause-related marketing can boost a company's public image and helps distinguish it from the competition. I would add that it can also give corporate PR officers a new story to tell.
- Cause-related marketing can help build employee morale and loyalty.
- Cause-related marketing can improve employee productivity, skills and teamwork.
It's also my opinion that the exchange that takes place between the staffs of corporate sponsors and nonprofits can benefit both. In my view, it can gives higher purpose to the corporate staffers and improves the business acumen of the nonprofit staffers.
To the person who searched without finding such a post, my apologies. As penance, if you email me I'll happily send you a 3-page document that includes the research that undergirds the numbered assertions above.
Did I miss something? Feel free to comment.
Labels: business benefits of cause marketing, cause marketing, cause-related marketing, Homer Simpson