Cartier Love Bracelet
I adore Cartier’s Love Charity bracelet cause-related marketing promotion.
When you buy one of their Love Charity bracelets they will support one of 24 charities with a donation of either $100 or $200 depending on which bracelet you buy.
There’s a lot of moving parts here but in the main the promotion consists of the following:
I’m a sucker for these big campaigns because I think they have an agglomerative effect and because I admire what it takes execute them.
- The promotion supports the invented ‘Love Day’ 2008, which is today, June 19.
- Overall Cartier supports the charitable efforts of Action Against Hunger, a children's hunger charity. Cartier's support will go to AAH's effirts to feeding children in the cyclone-raved Burmese state of North Rakhine. Cartier’s commitment to Action Against Hunger runs for the next three years.
- In the United States, 24 celebrities (25 if you count country music husband and wife Tim McGraw and Faith Hill separately) from the world’s of music and film…along with Nobel Laureate Elie Wiesel thrown in for good measure… have a bracelet themed to their chosen charity.
- The bracelets come in three versions: a single Cartier Love ring in pink or white 18K gold joined by a colored silk cord for $475, or two intertwined Cartier 18K gold love rings joined by a colored silk cord for $995. The color of the silk cord you choose determines which cause the donation goes to. The purple one shown above supports Academy Award-winning actress Julianne Moore’s chosen cause, the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance.
- The website has more than a dozen sexy short films from French film director Olivier Dahan on a theme of love (and dubbed into English and other languages). Each short features Cartier jewelry in some way.
- Depending on which country you choose when you go to Cartier’s website, there is downloadable music playing from local artists. On Cartier’s U.S. website you can download tracks from Usher, Rihanna, Janet Jackson, Hilary Duff, Eve, Ashanti and others. All those artists are among the 24 with themed Love bracelets.
- Naturally the website also prominently features Cartier’s larger Love collection of bracelets, rings, necklaces, and watches. (BTW, I just learned that Cartier invented the first wristwatch. Who knew?)
- In the U.S. there are two exclusive parties to support Love Day, last night in California and tonight in New York City. My invitation apparently got lost in the mail, but if you’re on the invitee list take some pictures and I’ll post them.
And what Cartier has done here is as spectacular as their jewelry.
Labels: Action Against Hunger, Cartier, Elie Wiesel, Faith Hill, Julianne Moore, Love Day, Tim McGraw, Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance