I'm in Phoenix for the Cause Academy, a convocation of cause marketers, including causes, sponsors, and counsel. Here's some early notes:
- Causes are trying to figure out the work structure that would best deploy their teams.
- Sponsors want face time with the top leaders of the cause they partner with.
- Top cause marketers have the ear of their CEOs.
- Some of the 'always on' cause marketing efforts have left state regulators unsure about how to think about them.
- Causes are increasingly willing to partner with non-competing causes to better fulfill their missions